- Students Login
- Staff Login
- Contact US
The Pharmacy Technician Programme is designed to train supportive staff for pharmacist who can effectively serve as the only cadre next to pharmacist in the profession. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to; have basic knowledge of handling simple medicines for use at the grassroots level under the supervision of a registered pharmacist and render effective assistance to registered pharmacist in compounding, mixing, procuring, distributing and dispensing medicine as well as counselling patients on rational drug use among other things. Successful candidates will receive the National Pre-Certification Examination (NPCE) certificate from the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria, and it will qualify the graduate direct entry in to the university.
1. 1. To train suitable qualified persons
in the basic Knowledge of handling medicines for use under the supervision of
2. 2. To train suitable persons to the
level of rendering effective assistance to the registered Pharmacist.
The Minimum requirement for entry into the course, such candidate must have at least five(5) Credits, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in either GCE, WAEC, SSCE, NECO OR NABTAB at not more than two(2) Sittings.
The programme shall last three (3) Calendar years, comprising the first one and half years for classroom activities, followed by six (6) Months for practical experience (4 months in the Hospital and 2 months in the community pharmacy setting) and the last year for the classroom and Laboratory teaching.
1. After successful completion of the training, Certified Pharmacy Technicians can proceed to the university to study Pharmacy.
2. Works and manages community Pharmacies.
3. Works in both Primary Healthcare (as in charge of the Pharmacy unit) and in General (Secondary) or Tertiary Hospitals under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.